• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland XJ-740 print issues - losing black ink

Ultimate13

We are running continuous banners on our XJ-740. They are grouped in 5's then the next group of 5 will start without hesitation but it has lost some of the black (printing grey). The test print shows half of the black printing, then I run a cleaning and it will come back and print again great for a while.

We bought these printers used and have worked flawlessly for a few years until this.

I'm sure this has been talked about before I just couldn't figure out how to search it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• test print.jpg
    test print.jpg
    704.2 KB · Views: 279

ProPDF

We are running continuous banners on our XJ-740. They are grouped in 5's then the next group of 5 will start without hesitation but it has lost some of the black (printing grey). The test print shows half of the black printing, then I run a cleaning and it will come back and print again great for a while.

We bought these printers used and have worked flawlessly for a few years until this.

I'm sure this has been talked about before I just couldn't figure out how to search it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Odds are you have either a bad damper or cracked print head manifold or both. When you go to replace the dampers on that machine make sure to charge them with ink. Install new damper, hold upside down and take a syringe and pull ink through the damper until most the air is out and is filled with ink.