• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland XJ640 Help

ericboothe123

We just purchased a roland XJ640 printer today and i need help setting it up with versaworks. i have the printer hooked up and under device and printers it is discoverable but some info is unavailable. so im thinking i have to set it up manually somehow. If someone has the knowledge please fill me in. Thanks

The first thing is to know/ set the printer's IP Address. This is performed from the printer's front panel, under the Menu > ...Network Settings. Once you have defined the IP address of the printer, along with the Subnet Mask, save those settings and write them down.

Close Versawoks and go to the Roland Versaworks program group and Initialize Application. After confirming, launch Versaworks. You should be prompted to input the IP Address from the above step. Assuming that both are in the same IP Range (and they need to be), the printer information should populate into Versaworks and you should be good to go.

ericboothe123

Thanks

Thanks. I will try this first thing tomorrow morning. ill let you know how i do.

The first thing is to know/ set the printer's IP Address. This is performed from the printer's front panel, under the Menu > ...Network Settings. Once you have defined the IP address of the printer, along with the Subnet Mask, save those settings and write them down.

Close Versawoks and go to the Roland Versaworks program group and Initialize Application. After confirming, launch Versaworks. You should be prompted to input the IP Address from the above step. Assuming that both are in the same IP Range (and they need to be), the printer information should populate into Versaworks and you should be good to go.