• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland xr-640 cutting errors on 3M reflective

rotunda

We have 2 Roland xr-640 printers, been running them for years w/no issues. Currently printing and cutting on 3M 780 reflective vinyl (usually use Oralite but it's back-ordered). When loading laminated prints to cut, the printer will find all 4 registration marks, then the blade assembly returns to the print carriage without cutting. No error codes or anything; it just won't cut. It's happening on both printers and I've never seen this error. Is this material just too bright for the sensor to work properly? Has anyone seen this issue and/or found a solution? I have literally dozens of sheets to cut. . .

rotunda

figured it out (actually remembered the workaround): use a low-abrasion sandpaper and scuff the material on and around the registration marks. also got a tip from our service engineers to place matte scotch tape around each registration mark. so far so good!