• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland XR-640 Ink Droppout

prosigner

Hey Guys,

I recently ran into a problem. I started noticing "PINK" ink drips on my media clamps but never really thought anything of it because it never dripped on my actual print.

Then the other day I removed the media clamps to run a print and there were these little pink drips all the way down the sides of the media but never actually dripping onto the print I was working on.

Now today I was printing and I noticed once the picture was done, that one part there was a line of pink drops on my print.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice on the problem :thankyou:

Ps. I have already done two manual cleans since the problem.

prosigner

Thanks Crystal!!

I'm worried that it's not something on the print head because the drops aren't random. They were on the media clamps and not on the print?

Also I'm worried to wipe fibres away from the surface of the print head. Can I damage them by wiping the surface?

Sharx

Take a close look with a flash light, Money says a hair or piece of fuzz is tickling the magenta head. Check around the capping stations and even the media holders. Fuzz from the scrim banner is a common cause.

The fibers aren't normally on the head, the wipers would clean them off if they were. They normally are on the edges and hang like under a head and as the ink is sprayed, the fiber catches some ink and causes drips. Just use your cleaning swabs with some cleaning solution around the head. Like sharx said, use a flashlight, you will probably find some fiber hanging

kanini

Don't clean on the surface of the head, just around it (on the edges of it). Your dealer who set it up should have showed you how to clean it. You could also check out videos and/or your instruction manual to perform the cleaning correctly, otherwise you COULD damage the printhead... Good luck with your nice printer, I'm sure it's just the things the previous posters mentioned - a cleaning will get rid of the problem.