• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland XR640 White ink option

BoF

Dear all,

We are still pondering on this machine and one of the issues is whether the white ink is a good option to take up

Of those of you that have this printer do you use white ink and in general usage does anyone run much white ink anyway regardless of machine??

Thanks!

mharfouch

It depends on what you are using it for. It only really suits anyone using transparent media for wrapping or signage.

rydods

Member for quite some time.
we didn't go with the white ink at this time. Don't do enough printing on clear either yet. It and the silver can be added in if we want to go that route.

I don't do a whole lot of printing as this is a part time gig for me, but I would definitely say no to the white and/or metallic option. I have the Roland VS-540 8 color and the only time I've ever used white is when printing on clear. The few times I have printed on clear I could have easily just printed and cut for those projects. It is really annoying having to shake the white and metallic cartridges all the time. They aren't worth the extra money in my opinion.