• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rolandl SC 500 works only in Directional print not Unidirectional

izanchor

hi All,

Have SC500 converted from CJ500 machine. my problem now is when I print using Unidirectional setting, color drops out after few feet. But when I print Directional setting, print runs ok. I check and make sure the two clear line from the capping station are clear and it was. my questions now is:
-Is somebody have the same problem? if so whats your solution
-and on that clear two lines from capping station. Does ink or any liquid pass through that line or just completely air only. for right now i see spot ink flowing on that line.

Thanks for all the future help and advice

J Hill Designs

if it works, and works well, in bi-directional mode (I am assuming thats what you mean) then why not just print bidi? its faster anyway.

sfr table hockey

The clear lines that go under the captops to the small rec. box on the right are there for air flow when the printer is cleaning the heads. As long as the lines are not plugged they are fine. They will get some ink into them and may need to be cleared once and a while. If plugged you will notice when the heads move off the captops after cleaning the captops will be flooded with ink and will drain after the heads move totally off the captops. So those lines are not letting air into the captop after the heads move slightly left and that small rec. box is no longer touching that flat section. That is when those lines let air into the captops to let the pump remove the ink into the waste bottle. If plugged, then this saturates the heads with ink and you will notice your wiper has way more than a thin strip of ink on it after the wipe.

As far as the heads dropping out during a bi direction print and not on a uni direction print, It may have something to do with the ink line pressure. If heads are not recharging you will normally see drop out after printing a fill test print with about a min of a 24" wide media in the printer. That is enough to discharge the heads and if you do a test print right after one of those prints you may see missing nozzles. Do this to see if it is one color or more.

Now what can do this is some times a cart that is getting empty and creates a draw back to the cart and thus may not let the heads recharge from the damper or the damper itself may be acting up. It seems that it may slowly recharge the heads but when printing twice as fast can't keep up.

I now use refill carts all the time and don't get issues when carts are low.

See which heads are the issue first.

izanchor

Thanks SFR, that makes sense for every time i do head clean. I have to clean the wiper all the time for it has to much ink on the wiper. I have a ink clog on 2 line and what i did last is place a solvent cleaner inside to prevent the ink to dry up. But by doing that i block the air flow, :banghead:. Now I know where I made a mistake. Hopefully when clearing the 2 lines will also fix ink starvation after few inches of print in unidirectional mode. thanks again..:notworthy: