• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roll Length Estimator

thewood

We're doing inventory at the shop today, and I thought I would share a helpful tool that I discovered here on Signs 101 a couple of years ago. The Cut Smart Roll Length calculator (http://www.cutsmart.com/pages/roll-length.html) will determine the remaining material on a roll from data you input. I tested it for accuracy on a full roll of 150' vinyl today, and it came back as 148.25' which is definitely accurate enough for our purposes. This is not only useful for inventory purposes but any time you need to know how much material is remaining on a roll.

heyskull

I made an inventory of stock many years ago over a period of about 8 months.
Every time it came back that a roll was 2-3 Metres (UK 50 Metre Rolls) Short!!
I thought that maybe it was a discrepancy on my part but I got to checking more accurately and found no fault on my end.
In the end I started unrolling complete rolls and measuring it out.
I found that my supplier was selling me short by up to 3 metres per roll!!!!!
I phoned them to say I was rather cross.
It ceased after that but needless to say I will still occasionally empty a full roll and measure it out and my supplier knows this!

SC

Malkin

I inventory my colored cut vinyl every week and made a measuring strip based on this sort of thing. It's usually accurate to within 1 yard.