• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roll to Roll Printers for Backlit?

Roll to Roll Printers for Backlit?

• Color Painter M-64s

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Mimaki JV300

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HP Latex 570

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

Christian @ 2CT Media

We use 3 printers HP Z6100, much much more better quality than our Latex L26500 and Mutoh 1624, outstanding quality very fast and the durability of pigmented ink is excellent indoors and outdoors.
For outdoor backlits pigment aqueous ink would be a colossal failure. It's not designed for that application let alone the cost of acceptable media is 2 to 3x more expensive than solvent, latex, or UV media's.

Bly

Pigment inks last ok outside.
It's the cost of inks and media that would stop you using them.

TomK

We use 3 printers HP Z6100, much much more better quality than our Latex L26500 and Mutoh 1624, outstanding quality very fast and the durability of pigmented ink is excellent indoors and outdoors.
Curious what media you run through your Z6100s, care to share?

Thanks!

Bly

1 year unlaminated, 3 with lam.
I had laminated prints from my old 5000 series up for over three years and still looked good.

Christian @ 2CT Media

1 year unlaminated, 3 with lam.
I had laminated prints from my old 5000 series up for over three years and still looked good.
That's surprising, we had 5500ps at one time and it would not last very long without fading, especially on the lighter colors outdoors. We have some colleagues with the Z6800 and they still say the same thing as we have previously experienced.

Bly

There were 2 ink sets - pigment and dye.
The dye faded very quickly, the pigment not so much.

ProColorGraphics

My Fuji does some amazing backlit prints, being able to do color/white/color in one pass. Although, when doing that, it does slow it down and use a bit of ink. Depends on the intended use. To get a good backlit print on my Epson S80, I have to double pass print and when doing that, I also put a small interpass delay to help it dry better. So it prints slow that way as well, but they turn out great!!