• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ROLL UP DOOR enclosed for shelf.

OldPaint

got an 8' x 8' roll up door. with a loft. the space where the roll up is is unuseable.........untill i did this.

Attachments

• fire 036.jpg
    fire 036.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 65
  • fire 037.jpg
    fire 037.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 74
  • fire 039.jpg
    fire 039.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 54

OldPaint

Hope you can remove it when a spring goes bad. Good idea to make a usable space:thumb:
all sheeting is attached with 1 5/8" screws. that was the 1st thing i knew i had to do.
on those C grits, the piece of OSB i cut out for them, i trimmed a little more off them and stuck them inside of the C grit. this door also had a large gap at the top of door where the building and it meet. has to because as the door rolls up, the roll diameter gets bigger. this will help keep the heat in.

shakey0818

OK whats the big deal its a simple box that any 5th grader in shop class could have made.I give you credit for the good idea and good use of wasted space.If you want to show u have more than a 6th grade skill level than hand paint a mural of big Ben on it.

OldPaint

shakey, FYI, I BUILT THAT 24' X 30' X 16' tall 140 MPH wind load metal BUILDING by myself!!!! ........hehehehehehehehe. i am P.O.ed at BIG BEN, if i had picture of him i would use it for bow target practice))))))))))))

Last edited:

shakey0818

I only said that Joe to have fun with ya and bust ya balls .I thought you were still up but i fell asleep before you replied and before i could tell ya i was giving you a hard time .I wouldn't be able to make that look so good.I probably would have used a few refrigerator boxes,lol.