• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rolled this one out last week.

threeputt

Here's an older vehicle with a new wrap. 2003 Chev Quad Cab.

Client wanted quite a bit of text on the tailgate, wouldn't be talked out of it, so it's a little "busy".

Wood grain planks from Istockphoto.com.
Worker on a ladder from Istockphoto.com.
Logos from client and manufacturer.
Layout is ours.
Media 3M IJ-180 with 3V and Gamut skin overwrap.
Printed on Roland Sp-540v.

The one photo shows their faded out logo (smallish). This client is happy and talking about two more vehicles to wrap. This was a co-op deal between the distributor and the manufacturer of fall protection equipment.

Comments?

Attachments

• Woods_before.jpg
    Woods_before.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Woods_side view close up.jpg
    Woods_side view close up.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 66
  • Woods_side view.jpg
    Woods_side view.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Woods_tailgate.jpg
    Woods_tailgate.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

threeputt

Thanks for the kind words.

You know, this one actually went pretty well. Makes a difference if you're not wrapping around corners. (no hood or roof, or front fenders on this one)

phototec

Is this a partial wrap?

Good job, came out great!

Is this a partial wrap, looks like it?

I think there is a much larger market for exactly what you did (if it is a partial wrap), I feel like I can get more partial wrap jobs in this economy, from carpenters, electricians, plumbers, landscaper, etc, because you can offer a great looking wrap, with all the needed info without wrapping the roof, the hood, the front of the truck, and do it for less money than a full wrap, saves the client money.

How did you charge for this if it is a partial wrap?

:cool1: :rock-n-roll: :thumb:

Jillbeans

I actually kind of like it.
I'd like to see the wood grain portion on something with no copy at all.
Love....Jill

threeputt

Is this a partial wrap, looks like it?

:cool1: :rock-n-roll: :thumb:

It is a partial wrap. The extra time spent wrapping hoods and roofs does not pay off in additional advertising most of the time.

I like the partials. We've done a number of them. They're more affordable of course, and that helps.

Jill, the interior of the logging store is totally trimmed out in rough sawn lumber. Smells and looks great. That's why they wanted the plank motif.

And of course they're name, too.

They're one of, if not the biggest, logging supply stores in the region.

Jillbeans

I'm thinking that maybe the owners might like their personal vehicles done with just that wood grain effect. Might be a good moneymaker for you.
I bet the place is cool to go to, I'm a big "smell" person and I'm sure it's nice.

signswi

Don't like the business logo and it's hard to read on the doors, but otherwise it's a nice wrap, should draw eyes and lend professionality to the business.

threeputt

Don't like the business logo and it's hard to read on the doors,

Yeah, hands were tied with both logos. The Wood's logo designed by another sign shop in the area years ago. They've stuck with it.

The Guardian logo is from a national manufacturer of fall protection equipment, so again, what can you do?

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Glad to see that you mentioned where you got the art and that you did the layouts

So many times on here I see awesome wraps and I wonder if the design was done by the person doing the wrap and where the source files come from.

phototec

Glad to see that you mentioned where you got the art and that you did the layouts

So many times on here I see awesome wraps and I wonder if the design was done by the person doing the wrap and where the source files come from.

Yep, this was good to mention the source, wish everyone would add a little more info when they post!
:goodpost: