• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roller marks

Foo

Hey guys,

I've noticed that my rollers are leaving marks on my material as it passes through. They look like indentations. It hasn't affected the colours or anything but it looks crappy when you see these wheel tread lines up and down the material. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I'm using the Roland Glossy Calendared Vinyl Perminant Adheisive rolls running through a SP540i

Thanks!

CS-SignSupply

On the GCVP, you should not have to use the interior rollers, only the two outside.

Another option would be to reduce the heat a little.

Foo

I found that I'd always get jamming and headstrikes if i don't use the rollers. The majority of my jobs have perf cutting being done and it always seems to bunch up in the middle without the rolls. I'm running my print heat at 45 degrees Celcius. Anything less than that setting and I was finding my print quality to be grainy.

I always have the smaller media clamps on my paper too on the far left and right. Or are you talking about using the longer ones?