• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

rolling cut and weeded vinyl

Tovis

IS cut and weeded vinyl suppose to be rolled with the vinyl on the inside or outside or does it not matter.

Tovis

Is that because it the factory does it on the outside and it retains the memory from that?

Outside....if absolutely necessary.

I hate rolling masked vinyl! I ship flat whenever I can...but as we all know it's not always an option!

MikePro

not so much of a memory thing as it is simply to keep your vinyl from tunneling. (lifting from backing in lines across the material)

Graphics2u

Outside. That way if anything tunnels it will be the backing and the vinyl will still be relatively flat when installing. And roll it in as large a diameter as posible.

Sticky Signs

Outside. That way if anything tunnels it will be the backing and the vinyl will still be relatively flat when installing. And roll it in as large a diameter as posible.

+1. I hate it when people send me stuff rolled image side in. Makes the install 10 times harder.

Graphics2u

and is that even before it has x-fer tape put on it?
Primarily after transfer tape is applied. If rolled with vinyl out before transfer tape applied it likely won't tunnel, but you risk the cut vinyl getting caught or stuck to the backing paper when rolled up, especially if there are small pieces or sharp points in the cut vinyl.

Malkin

It would generally only tunnel after the transfer tape is on.

Also, rolling vinyl that has been cut & weeded, but without tape, is asking for trouble as corners will catch and stick.