• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

rolling decals

skasigns

peeling for signs 101.jpg We've been in business since 1999 - in the same shop, etc. In the past few months we've had this happen. Not on every job, but enough that it's becoming an issue. We're using oracal 3651 with 210G laminate - which we've used for several years now. Any suggestions on what's happening? Thanks so much!

2B

it is only happening on the color bleed cut edges right?

too much ink and/or not waiting long enough before you contour cut the decals. apply less ink/wait longer before cutting or add a white border to the full color edges.

another option is to place the decals in a press once they have been cut and keep pressure on them until used

MikePro

+1 to posted above.
you've proly never noticed this much before because now the weather is more humid and you might not be allowing for the print to properly dry before lamination/cut

jfiscus

Rap Master
You are cutting before the ink has finished outgassing. How long did you wait after printing before you cut these? Do you have a de-gassing apparatus?

MikeD

Turning up the post-heat on your printer can help, but an IR drier in conjunction with a fan will be better. Manufacturers of vinyl say "wait 24 hrs," but we cant really do that. Heat and air circulation is the best way to expedite out-gassing. a small unprinted border, as stated above, will also help if your design will allow it.
good luck!

jfiscus

Rap Master
:omg: Sounds like a medical issue to me!
LOL
lol, we have a device we made here that we affectionately dubbed "the gas chamber".
It is about 7' tall and has a vinyl rack at the bottom end for the roll cores to slide onto, and below them is a box fan pulling air downwards through the box. It seems to clear all of the sovents off in less than 12 hours. (prints from the day before are ready to laminate first thing in the morning)