• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rolling mathews paint.

FS-Keith

We are working on a bank changover and there is a ton of painting to be done. It is a bright red RAL color and sherwinn willaims and all the other places cant match it. We are resorting to mixing mathews and adding a roller additive to make rolling it somewhat managable.

The major issue is we are going from black to red and it covers like absolute garbage. My question is, is the mathews primer rollable or is there an off the shelf primer we can get and tint red so we can block out this black and get the red to lay down easier, instead of 5 coats and it still looking bad?

sfd2122

You want to use the Matthews White 908SP VOC Rust Inhibiting White Epoxy Primer. It is a two part primer that requires sanding on the face of the letter first and then apply the primer. You can then sand smooth the primer and apply your top coat.

FS-Keith

We ended up getting Sherwinn williams DTM primer and rolling that on first over the old paint and then rolling mathews with the roller additive. Its working much better then no primer over then black