• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rolling Styrene into a tube

Rooster

Does anybody know how large a tube is required to roll up .030 styrene for safe transport? I know it can be rolled, I'm just unsure how tightly it can be rolled up without issue.

Ponto

...styrene will retain the curl once its rolled so depending on the size of your sheet, try to roll as loosely as possible...jus' sayin':thumb:...

JP

onthego signguy

I second the role as loose as possible, it will retain the curl, if it's small signs don't curl it will never go back with out working it back

CentralSigns

For us it's cheaper to ship flat, they cube out the shipping rate for a roll. So we just ship with a sheet of coro to give support, flat packages are 1/2 the shipping price. Is that an option?

Mosh

12" diam at the min. That stuff will hold the curve, roll print to the outside and protect with some old backing paper.

Rooster

I found some 24x24x48 boxes I can use to roll them up nice and loose with. It's only three transit posters at 45" x 75" so it's not that big a deal.