Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions rolls roller or Roll Over?

Discussion in 'Laminators' started by dasigndr, Oct 9, 2019.

1. I am looking at a new laminator and I have narrowed my search to the Rolls Roller or Roll Over.
    We do a lot of mounting and some vehicle wraps and general everyday signs.
    Rolls Roller claims to be the best, hence a higher purchase price. Roll Over claim to be the best with a 5 yr warranty. Rolls Roller will only offer a 2 yr warranty.
    I have purchased laminators in the past and presently run an E-Z Taper.

Any suggestions? and help and advice to avoid costly mistakes is greatly appreciated!!
    rolls roller 340/170R (11'2" x 5'7") is $24,571.65 Canadian.

2. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    It's not much help, but one of our guys recently saw a RollX by RollsRoller and was pretty impressed by it.

3. jmcnicoll

jmcnicoll Member

Nov 18, 2007
    DePere, WI
    We have a rolls roller here at work but if I had my own small shop I would just buy a real nice laminator. I can use a laminator for mounting all day long and it's way better for laminating. When I say good lamintor I don't mean a $8000 - $12,000 machine, I've used them and they suck compared to a real nice laminator.

4. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    You should check these out also: https://www.gfpartnersllc.com/ft60

5. StarSign

StarSign Active Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Southern Utah
    We have the Roll Over and love it

6. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    We have a rolls roller and it's pretty good, it does have some flaws that might apply to all flatbed laminators

- when masking cut graphics, the mask has a tendency to wrinkle, especially if the sheet is over 50% weeded away
    - It's great at short run laminating, but a regular laminator does a much much better job.
    - The "cutting mat" sucks, you can not cut on it if you ever want to laminate with it, even lightly cutting on it will leave marks that show up when laminating, a new mat is almost $1000!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay?

Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay? Very Active Member

I don't get that. I cut on the mat all day every day and don't have any problems laminating prints. We get light silvering that goes away within minutes and I never see any cut marks that show up on the laminate. We're using Orajet media and Oraguard laminates on a RollsRoller 280/145 Entry.

We've had our RollsRoller for almost two years now. We bought it for both it's laminating and application capabilities and I've been very happy with it. The only issue I have is I don't care much for the crossbar that sits over the top of the roller.