• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roloand xc 540 print question

camille kindle

I went to look at a printer and they did a test print of about 15 stickers. I noticed on each sticker there was a faint black line. Almost looked like a gradient down the middle of each sticker. I didnt see it in the file he was trying to print just on the stickers that came out of the printer. Is this a sign of a problem with the printer?

alaskaprinter

The line that you are seeing may be a transparency issue. Was it at the bottom of a line of text?? if you have any questions about this printer please reply. I have been using this printer for awhile.

camille kindle

the line was actually going all the way from the top of the sticker to the bottom. Could this be a user error with the file? Or could it be that some things need to be replaced? This person said they had to replace one print head but other than that everything was good. They never mentioned anything abou replacing caps or cleaning anything So I am unsure if they were good in keeping the machine in good working condition.

Does the line appear on all files, or just this one? If the line is from top to bottom it may be simply a dirty encoder strip...clean with alcohol only and it should go away. If it's a head issue (dirty, damaged, etc...) the line will be side to side.