• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rolsnf Cj-500.

anozira02

I have earlier posted my problem of the printer not powering up..some of you were nice enough to reply including Arbot, who was very helpful and gave me the email address of mac media to have the main board repaired. I figure the shipping back and forth plus repair time may take close to 2 weeks, by which time the ink parts may dry up a bit. I wondering of what precautions should I be taken to prevent the heads not drying up,, I would hate to flush the whole system wasting a lot of ink... I like to know if there another way doing this??

CS-SignSupply

Leaving it sit for 2 weeks with flush fluid in the cap could lead to line contamination seeing as one head shares 3 colors.

Only 2 weeks, you would probably be ok leaving it as is.

If really concerned, you need to do the Pump Up proceedure. (empty the lines)

anozira02

I don't see anything in the owners manual that I could do a reverse pump,, that would be a nice feature to have...

anozira02

I went ahead and removed all the lines from the dampers, plugged the lines with small rubber plugs from ace hardware, pumped cleaning fluid through the print heads using a syringe with a small 2mm tube, flushed the pump lines. I even removed and cleaned the capping station and capping lines... Lots of work but I had done this before and everything works fine after reinstalling all that.. Thanks all your help!!