• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roman Numerals anyone?

Elisabetz

Well, I'm back. Never figured out that arc max length, but still working on it. Today however, I got an order in for a Roman Numeral... and of course, it's on that crazy 3.006 radius arc I love so much. So as far as I can tell... I need to get a Roman Numeral 3 to arc in text. I tried III with the character spacing at -100% in a serif font, but when the bottoms of the I's overlap, they become black (my background color) instead of staying overlapped white. Not only that, but the tops still don't join, because they're on an arc. So if I bring it in further (-130% gets my top corners touching) the black spots are even bigger. I'd be pretty excited if someone could tell me

1) How I can make the overlapping characters stay white
2) Where I can get a roman numeral 3 to use (what font style maybe? - or how to search my fonts for the character)
or
3) How to create a font that I can make my own "drawings" of roman numerals into a font to use. Because now that it's happened once, every order I get will have roman numerals requested on it :p

thanks so much!!:U Rock:

R08

Hmmm..

Need more info.
What program are you using?
Can you show us a picture of what you have already?

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
Tools/Effects/Contour

this should get the "black" areas to disappear

the reason the "black" is appearing is because you're overlapping two objects that have a cut.....therefore, it's dropping out that cut to shop the background color....when you contour the two items, you're actually joining them, and getting rid of any overlapping parts....so the cut won't go through letters...hope that makes some sense....

Last edited:

Si Allen

Is it true at the Catholic Church Bingo on Friday evenings...they use Roman Numerals so that the Protestants can't Win?

:omg:

Elisabetz

Tools/Effects/Contour

this should get the "black" areas to disappear

the reason the "black" is appearing is because you're overlapping two objects that have a cut.....therefore, it's dropping out that cut to shop the background color....when you contour the two items, you're actually joining them, and getting rid of any overlapping parts....so the cut won't go through letters...hope that makes some sense....

You are my favorite person today :-D Worked like a charm! :)