• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roof wrap?

mollygrubber

My wife wants a Ford Flex but she can't find one with a white roof like she wants. Can the roof be wrapped and if so, how long do you think it would last.
Does anyone have an idea what this would cost. I would like to let her know.

Thanks,
Herb

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Depending on where the vehicle is kept will greataly affect how long it will last. If it cooks everyday in the direct sun and sits outside where dew can settle on it everynight it might only last a couple of years.

3M did recently come out with a new laminate specifically to help combat acid dew and had much greater UV protection for horizontal surfaces though. We are now stocking this and use it for all vehicle graphics for horizontal surfaces like roofs, hoods, trunks, and the top edge above the doors. I just explain to the customer that the gloss might be slightly (probably imperceptably so) different on those surfaces due to using a different lam. Have not yet tried using it for a full wrap yet but I do not see why it would be a problem. It's 3M 8528 gloss laminate... the catch is it's a good bit more expensive.

rjssigns

Tell them you'll buy it if they paint the roof. Super easy job. Dealers(at least around here) will bend backwards to get the sale. It doesn't cost anything to ask.

mollygrubber

Thanks for the info.
I did ask them about painting it at the dealership where she found one at, and they wanted $1500. I think I'll call a guy I know who has a body shop and check him out.
The wife is insisting on a leftover 2011 so the stock is low around here.
What the wife wants, she gets.

Thanks again