• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rook from AZ

Mantis

Hello there Guy's and Gal's.

Just signed up and thought I'd say hey there. I'm trying to start my first business. I'm going to be doing several things under my personal side business "umbrella". Hope none of you are "offended" by the type that try to do this on the side,,,, but we all gotta eat while we desperately try to break away from the corporate "machine".

My background is in Electronics, but I will be doing custom artwork framing, build to order furniture, and wood/metal/stained-glass "sculpture". Basically,,, trying to earn some $$ for doing one of the hobbies I enjoy,,,, we'll see.

I'm a member of quite a few other forums, mostly dealing with adult off-road toys, and many folks are forever looking for "one off" or custom vinyl stuff to add a personal touch to their set-ups. I thought I might give it a shot. I figured I'd start with cutting only,,, (smallish stuff),,, if I am able to get a handle on the process and get that off the ground, start tackling some larger format jobs,, then maybe,, just maybe, work my way into printing. (Baby steps as they say :Big Laugh)

After cruising around here for a couple days waiting for my cutter to show,,, all I can say is,,,,, WOW!!! I am completely overwhelmed, and have soooo much to learn,,,, but that's a good thing.!

You probably won't hear much from me for quite some time, (I have a lot of reading to do before I can even START asking moderately intelligent questions),, so I just wanted to thank everyone in advance for all the "know-how" contained on this site.

:U Rock:

jiarby

If you are in QC you should stop by my shop at Ch. Heights & Power and say hello!
23706 S. Power Rd #A107
(chandler heights & power)

bighun

Welcome from Lake Havasu. "Adult Off-Road Toys" huh? We got a Jimco 10 class we're racing this weekend in Vegas. The S.N.O.R.E. 250. Anybody interested check it out at snoreracing.net , we are #1022 in the photos but we just changed to 1020.

StitchWerks

Welcome from the West Valley.
As you will find out on this and many other forums. There is a ton of info to learn and a lot of great people on here that share their learning process with you. Everyone started out needing to learn and boy is there a lot to learn with vinyl work. I have a background in embroidery and this was a natural fit to compliment our services with heat applied graphics and naturally vinyl. The learning curve is fast and difficult but it is a lot of fun. Good luck and hopefully you will learn what you need rapidly.
Just don't cut any corners. :Welcome:

Mantis

Good luck and hopefully you will learn what you need rapidly.
Just don't cut any corners
Thanks for the words of encouragement....

I'm tryin hard not to cut any corners,,, I'm starting out with way more cutter than I think I need right now, (Roland GX300) but the only thing I hate worse than tryin to make inadequate tools work well,,, is buying a tool twice!!:Big Laugh