• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rookie Buying Question

trushafty38

Hello all, Ive worked in the sign industry in and out for a awhile and have decided it is time to finally join the owners club. Right now I need to find the machines though. After reading all of your polls on here and talking with the owners I used to work for Ive come to the conclusion that i should get a graphtec. and was wondering what everyone thought about getting a GRAPHTEC CUTTING PRO FC4100-75 . Also, If its worth to get flexi-8 or just use the correll ? I plan on doing only vinyl for the time. And plan on going into CNC and then four color process printing in the future.

Thanks, J from dallas :thankyou::signs101:

S

Sign-Man Signs

Personally, I'd steer away from the Graphtec. To many problems with the media handling system The one we have has to be pre-rolled for every job and if you're doing production, you'll have to babysit it to work. I would definatly stay with a name brand though. I'm sure there will reply posts on "How Great" Graphtec's are, but frankly it's your choice. My opinon, for what it's worth, some people love them, other like me think their speed bumps.
If you're going to be doing printing, Flexi 8 is a great program. Other than that, if you're looking for price, Corel is o.k. and will do the job. If money right now is a problem. I'd check Ebay for a package deal. We had a thread the other day about low cost "throw-a-way" cutters and most come with a software package for under $500.00 dollars. Hate to advertise for these guys but the future is here.
Good Luck!

GregT

I have had a Graphtec for about 10 years now with not a bit of problem. I just purchased another FC7500 a coouple of months ago. I also have an Ioline that I have had probelms with. Go Graphtec!

D

DARLAK

you've been in the sign business for awhile and this is the version of corel you have???

is that the first version ever or the newest??

wildside

we have always had great success with graphtecs, with no baby sitting, all kinds of problems with a roland we tried out, and iolines we had too much trouble with, mimaki makes a descent plotter too

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i might be spoiled, but i've only ever worked with gerber printers and plotters...and the few minor problems i've encountered have very rarely been the machine....as far as software...corel should be fine if you're just cutting....especially if you have it already....

stickerguynyc

go with graphtec. i have mine for couple of years and not problem. Stay away from ebay cutter... they don't work good.. i bought one in ebay to have it as spare but they don't work good... now i'm thinking to buy another graphtec

Jackpine

go with graphtec. i have mine for couple of years and not problem. Stay away from ebay cutter... they don't work good..
He is right. Graphtec makes a good cutter......spend the money ......stay away from those cheap cutters......they won't work very well and they have little of no support. Buy from a dealer that will support their equipment. CorelX3 is a very good program and for the money you can't go wrong. Graphtec cutters come with a plug in program to cut vinyl from Corel vesions 10 to X3 and Adobe Illustrator.

gsmigel

Ive used Vinyl Express (Panther). Had one for 10 years with not one problem. Then I ordered a Graphtec. The first one they shipped me didnt even power on... so they shipped me another.. That one had SERIOUS tracking issues after 6 weeks of frustration they could not fix my problem. With some difficulty, I made them pick it up and refund my money. I now have my second Vinyl Express Plotter... No problems.

petepaz

not sure what a graphtec costs but
for $12,000.00 you can get a 30" roland versa camm
and then you can print and cut