• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

rookie question about Corel 9.0

threeputt

Can anyone tell me if when you make a selection in Corel 9.0, you make the lines a different color? It's hard to tell what you've got selected when only the nodes are showing up. (example: text with multiple outlines)

In Omega where I typically work, selected lines show up as Blue and non-selected show up as Black. Makes it easy to see. I'm sure Corel has such a function but haven't been able to locate it yet.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

As far as I know, Corel doesn't highlight selected objects by changing their outline color. It just gives you a bounding box around the object with an x in the middle. But if all your objects have fills assigned to them just select an object and look at the bottom right of the screen. There are two little rectangles that show the fill color and the outline color of the object selected. If you're working with objects that have no fill, you just have to zoom in a little closer, I guess...that's what I do. Also, if you have multiple objects on screen you can select one and then hit the tab key...it will select another object. If you keep hitting tab it will toggle through all the objects in the drawing. It does this in the order that the objects were created.

threeputt

Thanks, LTHW. I thought maybe it's just because I have an older version of Corel. I'll continue to play with it.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
In Draw 9
Ctrl J (user prefs) > Workspace > Display > Check "Highlight outline for Selected objects"

Not the greatest, but it works.

wayne k
guam usa

Cadmn

once you have picked them change the line color of the Item so it stays that way till u get ready to cut then box & change to black

TC49010

zoom in on the lines and click on one.. go to your color pallet and right click any color and it will change the out line color of that line so you can tell it apart from the others.
Trixie