• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rotary Trimmer? Looking for cost-effective solution

Bogie

Where I used to work, we had a Neolt.

I _really_ don't wanna spend a grand on a trimmer. I'll use an 8' straightedge and an exacto first.

Any other suggestions?

Primary use is on paper. I doubt I will EVER cut cardboard/posterboard/heavy crap...

Techman

i have a 48" matt cutter thats perfect for most orf what i do.
It cost just 120 bux used. But what can go wrong, its just a track and a blade carrier.
Seal Procut F 48.

Look at matt cutters on ebay.
Recently i Saw a rotary material cutter for 80 bux. Cant go wrong ..

Bogie

Okay - I'm gonna revive this sucker...

I got the imagedge dealie, and it's GREAT for finishing magnets. Not so great for cutting big sheets of paper - I mean, it's doable, but it's also a little unwieldy, and being that it's in several sections, that causes a bit of a hassle too... I'm back to looking at the rotary trimmers.

Bought a 12.8" wide (I guess it's a metric thing...) chicom one labeled KWTrio, and it's actually not bad...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Metal-base-New-...hZ010QQcategoryZ16500QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I can trim out a dozen bumper stickers in just a couple of minutes with it.

However, it isn't quite big enough. And it doesn't seem like they're getting another container any time soon... So... Of these other "brands" out there... Anyone use anything made by Dahle? Kobra? Carl?

Bogie

Have you had a chance to use one of the Shenggong trimmers? I know some of the chicom stuff is actually not bad... I'm kinda leaning toward one of the dahle trimmers.

Techman

dunno, i wont use anything chinese unless its the last thing i can find. I use a Seal cutter which features a regular carpet blade holder and a hold down platten. Its perfect for what i do. IT will cut decals out of the printer so fast its one of my most important tools.

Cuts coro card board or anything else soft and that fits.

http://www.framersisland.com/index.php/cPath/1 .. heres another place..

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Ive got an 80" Keenkut...I love it. works well on almost any substrate. we've cut .040 alum. with the Hardened blades. Takes a while to do it though! only complaint is that its not long enough for 8' boards I do constantly now!!