• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rotate in Cutmaster 5

artofacks1

I had a file print from back to front and it did not finish printing. The Cutmaster 5 rotate feature is grayed out. Is there anyway I can get that to work so I can rotate the cut file and cut from back to front?

artofacks1

If it's corel, you should be able to rotate the art before hitting the cut/plot button.
It’s Adobe illustrator and I’m using segmented crop marks. If I rotate in illustrator it will still try to read the crop marks with the same spacing and the last one is closer than the first.

JBurton

Signtologist
And I guess you need the segmented marks as the corner marks on the far side are unprinted?
Could you rotate your graphics, put an extra object in the right place that will generate an end mark in the correct position to replace the segmented mark you do have, and get it to run from there?
I think it's dumb af that no version of cutmaster allows for 180 rotation at the registration stage.

artofacks1

And I guess you need the segmented marks as the corner marks on the far side are unprinted?
Could you rotate your graphics, put an extra object in the right place that will generate an end mark in the correct position to replace the segmented mark you do have, and get it to run from there?
I think it's dumb af that no version of cutmaster allows for 180 rotation at the registration stage.
I’ll try that, I was going to use Onyx to cut but a few things with onyx.

1. It doesn’t let me manipulate the margins smaller that 1.5” which is odd.
2. Onyx doesn’t have a passings settings. Since we kiss cut and die cut thick 20mil material it’s safer to have 2 passes so if the first pass missies a cut the 2nd gets it.

I don’t want to use flexi, that thing is to buggy.

JBurton

Signtologist
I’ll try that, I was going to use Onyx to cut but a few things with onyx.

1. It doesn’t let me manipulate the margins smaller that 1.5” which is odd.
2. Onyx doesn’t have a passings settings. Since we kiss cut and die cut thick 20mil material it’s safer to have 2 passes so if the first pass missies a cut the 2nd gets it.

I don’t want to use flexi, that thing is to buggy.
Ugh, I never got Onyx to interact with my plotter, but that's a different can of worms.
You could install cm4 or cm5 plugin for illustrator and cut it from there. I personally generate them in corel, export for onyx to print, then back to corel to cut. It works consistently, it's just a little more cumbersome.

artofacks1

Ugh, I never got Onyx to interact with my plotter, but that's a different can of worms.
You could install cm4 or cm5 plugin for illustrator and cut it from there. I personally generate them in corel, export for onyx to print, then back to corel to cut. It works consistently, it's just a little more cumbersome.
Right, I use Adobe illustrator and Cutmaster 5 but not having the ability to rotate is bad :(

6 feet of vinyl and laminate down the drain. I will now print in 180 so I get the bottom printing first. Since Cutmaster cuts from bottom to top.

JBurton

Signtologist
I will now print in 180 so I get the bottom printing first.
In onyx, you can set your quicksets to always rotate 180 degrees. The goofy tech who installed the printer pointed out you'd want to do this if you want to bring a customer in to showcase the printer, as otherwise the print would be upside down. Yeah, so far nobody cares when they tour the place whether the printer is printing something upside down...