Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round Shape Illuminated Logo Box

Discussion in 'Electric Signs & Channel Letters' started by k2vin, Feb 24, 2010.

1. k2vin

k2vin New Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Got a request need a double side illuminated logo box, similar to StarBucks,

[​IMG]

I have done a lot single side logo box, but not double side. I proposed 6" thick returns, and L.E.D. illuminated. not sure 040 aluminum / clear acrylic as a inside divider. Appreciate anyone could share thoughts on how to fabricate. Thanks in Advance.

Tags:
  2. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    How Big?

I think I have a drawing floating around of the standard Starbuck sign.

If I remember correctly on the drawing, they rout out a ring and weld a return to it and screw that into a reinforced .063 or maybe even .080 aluminum radius cabinet, I think they were around 10" deep.

3. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    Maybe 8" deep...with a white aluminum divider to reflect the light.

4. UFB Fabrication

UFB Fabrication Member

Jan 26, 2010
    As said alum divider or poly carb. Acrylic is a UL no-no for structure like your asking about.

5. k2vin

k2vin New Member

Mar 24, 2009
    The signs is going to be dia 36", and I think I saw the Starbucks box is only about 6" deep. I wonder how they reflect the L.E.D. lights to make the "spots" invisible. Is there anyone can share the construction of the inside of the box? thanks in advance.

I think I will go with 063 white aluminum for the divider.
    Thanks a lot!

6. jonnyj

jonnyj New Member

Nov 8, 2014
    standard starbuck sign drawig. Do you still have it handy?

Rick,

I ran a crossed this old post. Do you still have the standard Starbucks circle sign handy? I am looking for approx. 36" drawing.
    Thanks!

I think I have a drawing floating around of the standard Starbuck sign.

If I remember correctly on the drawing, they rout out a ring and weld a return to it and screw that into a reinforced .063 or maybe even .080 aluminum radius cabinet, I think they were around 10" deep.[/QUOTE]

7. Moze

Moze Precision Sign Services

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    There are a few different ways it can be made. I've surveyed a couple/few hundred Starbucks over the years and every sign company is going to do it a little different.

Here's one...

Attached Files: