• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rounding corners on fonts and objects?

ONLINE SIGN GUY

Can anyone tell me if there is an option to round corners on fonts and other objects to eliminate peeling and weeding in COREL, im running X4, I know an old Flexi program I used did, at least on objects.

I know how to round corners on boxes I create, dont know how it would be poss. to do it on fonts, since they are already set that way, any info would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Set your text > convert to curves > use the fillet/scollop/chamfer docker to add a small fillet to all the corners.

wayne k
guam usa

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
You don't have to convert to curves first. Sometimes you have to do it twice because it will miss a few.

SpeedproMV

Does anyone know of an easy way to do this in Illustrator? I've tried several things, but it always leaves the true vector lines squared off.

SpeedproMV

I tried the >effects>stylize>round corners, but that just makes it visually round; the vectored line art, what would be used by a plotter, is still squared off. However, thought I had it, when someone suggested that you then have to do an >object>expand appearance. This worked, in that it created the true curved vectored lines, but I noticed it messed up certain letters; bent the curves on letters "a" and "e" for example. enough so that it would be noticed.

AceHigh

What I do in Illustrator is I convert the text to outline, then add a small stroke with the rounded corners option, then go to Object - path - outline stroke. Then using the pathfinder tool, merge/weld them together. Sound like a lot, but it's actually really quick. That's how I make most of my strokes even if we aren't rounding the corners, that way you have more options as you are designing.
The corner rounding does work good for the cutters, we do it most of the time, it just makes it weed easier with less sharp points.
Good luck,
Carl