• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rounding Corners?

TXFB.INS

How do you guys know what radius you are cutting quickly? I know/use the traditional way of a carpenters square. but takes to long. Here is what is being faced, have SEVERAL orders that require the corners to be rounded to different radius. and the material, ranging from 3mm Dibond to 3/4" MDO. Which are too thick to fit into the corner rounder. needing a quick and easy way to mark the radius to the desired amount. Suggestions?

d-signtech

Im glad that I am not the only one who uses paint cans, coffee mugs....and the occasional beer bottle on weekend jobs. Keep life simple.

rjssigns

For MDO, plywood, and similar products we make an accurate template out of scrap. Clamp the template to the work and use a top or bottom bearing flush trim bit in the router. ta-da. Only hafta make templates once unless you lose them.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
For MDO, plywood, and similar products we make an accurate template out of scrap. Clamp the template to the work and use a top or bottom bearing flush trim bit in the router. ta-da. Only hafta make templates once unless you lose them.

+1, I used to have all sort of templates for various sizes I cut out of scrap for my normal jobs so I didn't have to re-invent the wheel every time. ovals are the big one i used, next were corner templates.

jkdbjj

Take advantage of photoshop or illustrator. Plug in the exact radius you want, stroke it and print it out. Once printed use scissors or if you have a digi cutter cut the shape out.
If you want a long term durable set of radiuses, mount it to a substrate jigsaw the printed shape and...
Perfect everytime.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
This is what I do except I cut it from scrap vinyl which I can just stick to whatever it is I need to cut. Just make the corner shapes with about 3" extentions on the flats in Flexi and cut them from scrap busmark or whatever other scrap is handy.

Take advantage of photoshop or illustrator. Plug in the exact radius you want, stroke it and print it out. Once printed use scissors or if you have a digi cutter cut the shape out.
If you want a long term durable set of radiuses, mount it to a substrate jigsaw the printed shape and...
Perfect everytime.