• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Royal Sovereign Lam Stuck / Motor?

miltecnico

Was laminating and everything was fine, then as I went to do a small piece the machine took in the print and stopped, as in the rolls never really moved more than a .25" - ended up taking them out and laminating by hand

So I spent yesterday taking apart the laminator; there wasn't really much to it. I started off by looking at some extra parts ( we had a couple different size fuses) One fuse it says is the main power and the other for the motor. After checking both fuses they were okay, but I switched them out anyway with new ones. Also tested the new fuses.

The machine has power and makes a click sound like it always has when I start it, there's no heat on these rollers. Plus the rollers will move if I manually crank them by hand, (not easy) they are chain driven and I thought it would be the motor so had some of our guys look at it and it appears the brush is not wearing evenly.

If anyone can help from here, I'm very interested in fixing quickly. Waiting on a call back from Royal Sov.

Thanks everyone:signs101:

miltecnico

Waiting on new circuit board to come in, apparently shipping was an issue with weather - We are in Florida.. hope this is correct issue has anyone actually had a motor go bad on a laminator

mario70lopez

royal sovereign laminator

we just bought a used laminator, it was working when we picked it up in Utah, brought it to minneapolis, now it only makes a clicking sound, did you ever fix your problem. please help me if you know anything that could help me. thanks