• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rraaaannttttt

John Butto

Wow, Okay? Tell me what you really think. :wink: You know what I don't get? If you are now saying that what you posted was purposely "suppose to be ridiculous", then someone comes along and says "that's ridiculous", why on earth are you so upset?
Joe is jockeying for position and trying to cut me down.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not trying again. It is what it is.

Written quotes take anywhere from 2 minutes to 4 minutes on such an easy request. They were asking for a 4 x 4, not a detailed sandblasted panel with goldleaf. With today's standards and what most sign shops can generate, that's 16 sq ft of printed vinyl, 1/2 sheet of substrate and you add in whatever ridiculous price for an instal across town. How long can that take to figure out ?? $285 1-sided..... $415 2-sided on 1/8" aluminum composite. Installation is approximately $ 275 + tx. No permits included. There, that took less than 2 minutes, but til I save it as a .pdf and press 'send' I'll have maybe 3 or 4 minutes in it all total.

You simply take your outside substrate cost, labor time and whatever other costs and write them into your quote and bounce it right back. Waste of time ?? Perhaps for you, but more often than not, we will land these deals... and then it turns into something worthwhile.

As for the :bushmill::rolleyes:.... are you sending me one or still trying to be funny..... ?? Oh, and I take the 1/2 gallons at a pop. :thankyou:

Joe Diaz

They were asking for a 4 x 4, not a detailed sandblasted panel with goldleaf.
How do you know? They aren't being specific remember? We've made sandblasted 4x4's with gold leaf before. Maybe it's a 4X4 lighted sign. How on earth are you going to put a quote together if you don't know what they really want? seems to me putting together a quote is not the issue here, it's getting the info so you can write up a quote.