• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help RS-640 : Printing issue with Yellow

yerffoeg

Hello,

I have printing issue with a RS-640 (see pictures attached and video link :
)
The yellow print artefact is always located on the middle of the width of the rs640.
After seeing the issue, we printed a print test > head ok (black one should be cleaned but it is not the case).
We also send the demo file from Versaworks and we got the same printing issue with yellow.
It looks like electrical problem with yellow head flat cable scratched or damaged.
Any advise?

Attachments

• Print issue with yellow.jpg
    Print issue with yellow.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 344
  • Test print.jpg
    Test print.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 279
  • Capture d’écran 2017-06-03 à 11.24.02.png
    Capture d’écran 2017-06-03 à 11.24.02.png
    538.1 KB · Views: 324

Triggerhappy

If you're lucky it's the data cable. You could change it with a new one, and see if the problem stays or no. If it stays switch yellow head with magenta, see if the problem travels or stays on yellow. If it stays you're outa luck, main board needs change. Hope this helps

yerffoeg

Thank you for your reply Triggerhappy!
I had a call with Roland support this morning, they confirm what you said.
They are pretty sure that is the data cable from mainboard to carriage board.
I ordered the cable and will replace it today or tomorrow.
I'll know the results asap.

Hey yerffoeg,

Don't forget that if the cable does not solve the problem, there could be a logic board issue and for that, you'll have to work with your authorized Roland dealer. Please contact them if the issue continues.

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

yerffoeg

Hey rn,

Thanks for your advise.

I am lucky cause it was effectively the cable in cause of the problem.
Now it is fixed.

Have a nice weekend!