• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RTA Vinyl?

VolunteerSign

I am fortunate to still have a lot of hand lettering work (maybe due to being in, what seems to be, the car show capital of the world). The amount of vinyl we cut is very little, with most people having us use printed vinyl instead (which I am already outsourcing).

If I had someone that would cut what little RTA stuff we use I would get rid of our plotters all together. Are there any members of Signs101 that cut vinyl for other shops?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Seriously, if it's a pain for you, it will be for the next guy, so I doubt you'll get good service and prices from someone else.

VolunteerSign

Yeah probably couldn't be competitive getting it from you Pat lol..but thank you just the same. It's not a huge deal...either way just something I do so little of I almost don't even want to offer it at all. But ya kinda have to lol. Thanks again!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure if you PM'd the details to some of the merchant members here that offer digital printing you would be able to get pricing......business is business. I would offer to do it but I'm not a MM nor am I even in the same country lol.

Think about it for a second. Okay... time's up. :Oops:

He wants to outsource small die-cutting jobs, not prints, because they're a pain to him, so I'd imagine he's gonna want someone to cut, weed and tape it all up and still make money on onesies and twosies. There is no money in that for anyone and remain competitive for his/her customers.

He's be better off telling these people he cuts on Thursday, get someone in part-time that day, cut it all out, weed it and tape it up and pay them to go home and come back next Thursday.

Letterbox Mike

We actually do a surprising amount of cut vinyl work for other shops. Gino's right, sometimes it can be a pain, especially smaller orders, but if you want to PM me I'll be glad to take a look at what you're doing and give you a price.

VolunteerSign

Gino, Gino, Gino...no where did I say I wanted to outsource them because they were a pain. If that were the case I would have outsourced my wife :banghead:

Any more it seems that 80% of the jobs I get can be printed, 15% I hand letter and the other 5% is cut vinyl and everything else. Yet I have to keep racks of vinyl, and everything associated with it for those jobs that require cut vinyl. If I never hand lettered any more I wouldn't still keep my brushes ready or keep lettering enamel in stock either. But I did keep my mullet in case they are ever in style :smile:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Gino, Gino, Gino...no where did I say I wanted to outsource them because they were a pain. If that were the case I would have outsourced my wife :banghead:

Any more it seems that 80% of the jobs I get can be printed, 15% I hand letter and the other 5% is cut vinyl and everything else. Yet I have to keep racks of vinyl, and everything associated with it for those jobs that require cut vinyl. If I never hand lettered any more I wouldn't still keep my brushes ready or keep lettering enamel in stock either. But I did keep my mullet in case they are ever in style :smile:

To me, it sounds like it's a pain for you to do. You're still complaining about doing it, regardless of the reasons. In my book, something worth complaining about is usually a pain..... is that why you want to outsource your wife ??

VolunteerSign

Actually, looking at it from your point of view Gino, I have outsourced two wives. But those two outsourcings cost me a LOT more than it was worth. "Marriage is grand..divorce is 100 grand".