• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rtape Rainbow problems with Summa OPOS Barcode

thebrix

Hi.

I'm having a lot of trouble, getting the Rtape Rainbow Brite to work on my Summa S2 T140.

I have calibrated the media, and getting the opos setting around 30-50 in value, tried just about everything form zero and up to 200. - I'm getting a lot closer to getting it to work, if i laminate the barcodes and marks with matt laminate, but still cant get it to read them.

After reading the barcodes it cant find the marks.

Does anyone else use this material succesfully on the Summa ?

We also wants to cut on Gold Metallic/mirrow, but that seems to be very hard to read, cant even get it to read the barcode on that.

Looking forward go hear from you :)

Last edited:

unclebun

We don't use barcodes, and we don't have a Summa, but when using materials like that we stick a piece of application tape over the registration marks and trace the marks with a fine tip Sharpie.

thebrix

JBurton - How does that help with this issue ? dont get it. - The issue is that the cutter can't read the black marks, because the material is to dark og mirrow/glossy like..

unclebun

His mentioning the Graphtec is that you can use them to draw patterns on paper. Most normal pens don't fit in Graphtec's pen holder.