• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rubber (?) rivets?

bendeane

Anybody ever wrapped a box truck with what I can only describe as rubber or plastic rivets? I assume I can use primer 94 on these. Any other suggestions for good adhesive bond on these?

Attachments

• image-493391732.jpg
    image-493391732.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 77
  • image-1333629061.jpg
    image-1333629061.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 66
  • image-1452735003.jpg
    image-1452735003.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 66

Circleville Signs

They are plastic. I would not recommend using P94 on them. If you don't own one already, go buy a Rolle Pro and practice. Otherwise, with the large flat surface on the tops of these, simply wrap over themand then come back with heat and a pop-pen and work them down.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I've used primer94 on them with good results (with 3m vinyl). Vinyl does not stick well to them at all otherwise in my experience.

tsgstl

what Circleville said

I just did a box truck with these last week. They weren't as bad as I originally thought they would be. It was a partial wrap which we also used cast for text. I waited until the wrap was down and did my best to avoid the rivets with the cut cast. They will distort small thin text easily, but if you are wrapping the entire thing dont treat it any different than you would any other rivet. Like most wrap jobs confidence is your best friend.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 61