• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Run Omega Demo Mode?

jfiscus

Rap Master
I am getting the following error today; a pop-up window that says:

"Run Omega Demo Mode" (see image)

I installed a demo of Flexi Sign today (to see what was in a junk art file I received), and that's all that's new that I know of besides a few new fonts. It appears that the Omaga software isn't seeing the dongle, yet the dongle is plugged in with the light on. Anyone experience this before?

Attachments

• gerber-error.jpg
    gerber-error.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 209

daveb

General Know-it-all
:Oops:We had it happen before when one of my guys installed a sample version of Flexi Sign and didn't tell me:frustrated:. Had to call Gerber and they told me that Flexi will hijack the driver used for their dongle. That's been 3 years ago but I believe uninstalling Flexi fixed it, can't remember whether I had to reinstall Gerber or not.:rolleyes:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Flexi and Gerber both use the Rainbow Sentinel Driver but different versions of it. What has happened is Flexi over wrote Gerber's version. Reinstall the Gerber version, set it up and you should be good to go.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Problem solved, after a call from Advantage Sign Supply Tech Support I am back up & running again!

For future reference for others experiencing this issue here's how to fix it:
Go to: http://www.safenet-inc.com/support-downloads/sentinel-drivers/
Download Sentinel Protection Installer (currently at v 7.6.3) and install it. That will install a newer driver for the sentinal hardware keys that allow multiple programs to have keys (older versions only had info on one key).

Support said that this is actually a pretty common issue & fix with preople upgrading/changing software.