• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Running a Camm-1 CX-24 on a Vista Machine

donbucket

Help,

I am a hobbist sign maker. I made the mistake of buying a computer with Vista.:Oops:

I used to print with Adobe Illustrator 10. But that won't run on my Vista Machine.

I just want to print simple lettering with my Vista Machine. And Idea what software I can obtain for cheap that I can do this with:help:

Switching back to XP is not an option because HP does not support XP on my Laptop, and I already have purchased all the other software I regularly use for Vista.

Thanks,

DonBucket

Pro Image

I used to print with Adobe Illustrator 10. But that won't run on my Vista Machine.

I just want to print simple lettering with my Vista Machine. And Idea what software I can obtain for cheap that I can do this with:help:

I already have purchased all the other software I regularly use for Vista.

Thanks,

DonBucket

If you already purchased "all" the softwear you regularly use then why haven't you upgraded to Adobe CS3......It will run on vista.......

Have you thought about that........

And

Howdee from VA..................

donbucket

I was hoping to get out a but cheaper then that... I just need something simple like the DR.Sticka that came with it but only works on XP.

I would be happy using the XP computer, but it likes to just shut it-self off, which is fustrating!!!!

I may have to break down and buy Adobe CS3... but it is overkill for my purposes!

:)

Thanks!:thankyou:

DonBucket

jhines1284

you could use corel, pick up an older version like x3(which will run on vista) you can get this rather cheap since x4 has been released. I've used x3 on my laptop with vista and used to cut right from corel. If you need any help please dont hesitate to ask. I have both a GX and CX24's, the GX came with Roland CutStudio, which you can purchase separately for I believe like $70 bucks from individual Roland suppliers. Never used it yet, but I'll try and see if it will work on the CX, dont see why it wouldnt.

Julius

curtrnev

Go to Rolands website under support there is a driver download for the Gx24 and Illy for use with Vista.

Curtis