• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Running Club

Berferful

Looking for your suggestions on improving this design that will be used for singlets (shirts). This running club has it's home around a beautiful reservoir. The water is on both sides of the road that cuts through the resevoir.

EORC_best.jpg

Attachments

• EORC_best.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 190
Last edited by a moderator:

GWSigns

I see you are trying to capture the water on both sides concept, but as designed, I see the guy running into the water.

Perhaps you could turn the path or the runner so they align.

Needs a bit of work, but you do have a plan that can be expanded upon.

Marlene

kerning and font is an issue for me. overly designed with simple graphics rots too as there is way too much going on, too many objects so that it looks more like catalog for generic symbols rather than a logo. please attach a .jpeg so we don't have to open up a .pdf and I think more will take a look at this

Jillbeans

Nothing about that suggests a beautiful reservoir. Looks like a bunch of clip art thrown together. There are conflicting angles and squished text.
I don't see why the reservoir, whether it's on both sides or whatever, really matters at all.
Can it be a name rather than the focus on some initials?
Love....Jill
PS I added a suggestion (clipart is kinda creepy)

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

Berferful

Thanks all. Jill,the running club is known better by its initials. If you google EORC, at least in our area, empire one will be near the top.

I will scrap this and start over, and if I can grow another layer of thicker skin, I will post.

GWSigns

I will scrap this and start over, and if I can grow another layer of thicker skin, I will post.

Thicker skin comes from callouses - callouses are created by pressure and friction from repetitive actions - in other words practice makes perfect.

Or at least it makes less sensitive skin

Gino

Premium Subscriber
EORC means nothing. It only is good for people already familiar.

I'm sure it's basically local people running there and using the facilities. No reason for them to wanna bring runners in from around the country on a daily basis. If they do, then those people will learn to use the initials, also.

However, saying four words, albeit initials each being a word..... it's far easier to say a one word description of a place, then four words. It's just too much of a tongue twister. Around here is a place called the 'Empire School of Beauty'. It's been around for 60 or more years. No one... and I mean no one calls it that or ESOB [for obvious reasons], but it's known as EMPIRE. It's understood when using that name, it means this one place. Many other places around here start with 'Empire', but they all use the second word in their name to differentiate the many places.

I would think if you could create a 'buzz' word title by emphasizing the 'Empire' somehow, it will work better for them.