• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software Help running Flexi 10 on a MAC

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Only way to do it is through a program like Parallels or a VM. Flexi stopped making a MAC version many moons ago.

WildWestDesigns

Yep, pretty much only in a VM (well there is emulation (like VMs but slightly different), but that would be far worse of a performance hit). Looking at Parallels, VMWare, or Virtualbox (those are the biggies that I can name right off the bat). Flexi hasn't had a Mac version for a loooonnnnngggg time.

Biggest thing here is to make sure that your computer is spec'ed out accordingly. That will very much determine how good (or bad) your experience is with the VM. I personally wouldn't do a VM on any computer that couldn't allocate at least 8GB to the guest machine (the VM itself). Especially with a Windows VM (Apple frowns on VMing their OS, everything needs to be running on true hardware and be Apple hardware at that) as that can be quite bloated (which is a none issue if your machine can handle it).

For instance, I'll see some people try to run a VM on just 4GB of RAM and they are running 64bit Windows (which has a min of 2GB of RAM) and even though the program may be 32 bit (yes that still happens even today on occasion), on a 64 bit OS, minimum requirement for that program just to run is 2GB, so there goes your 4GB (or actually 3.8 GB) of RAM right there just to barely run Windows and your program. Start doing intensive tasks and/or multi-tasking, performance goes down from there.

I like using VMs all the time, but really need to make sure the computer is spec'ed out for it for an enjoyable experience. I run VMs within VMs and the all run at near native speeds and better then they used to on real hardware, so it really depends on the hardware of the host.