• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Running GA on XP

S

sioux signs

Fred and other folks ...
I bought GA 6.0 and GSxplus plotter, with other stuff in 2000. I had shop space etc. but didn't make enough to suit the wife etc. so I worked full time with this sign business part time. I should have kept it full time. Anyway. with lots of time on design, colour, typestyles, etc., I'm back full time, I love it! However I redid a Win 98 machine (other one crashed and burned) to run GA and plotter and have Corel 12, Photo CS, and others on my XP with scanner, high speed internet etc. (please bear with me). I'm trying to make $ with current jobs with nice designs for several customers, but have some trouble getting everything on the Win 98 machine to cut it in GA 6.0. Little bit frustrated.

Is there a way to get GA 6.0 to run on the XPHome computer and hopefully have better work patterns and dependable file transfers or imports, so that I can make money and get back in a shop in town. I have lots of the great stuff you need to run the shop - probably as much as the Dodge dealer has to fix all the vehicles they sell. I have plans to upgrade, but need to get out of the mud first. new to signs101, but have been reading some great stuff! Thanks for the tips and all that I've been able to absorb.:help:
Bill

PMG

In XP you can choose what platform to run it in,Like 95/98/NT/2000 got to Properties of the program your using.then go to Compatibility.Place a check in the box for run this program in compatibility mode for,then pick what system that program should run on!!! Hope this helps!

BIGGUNN

I had the same problem 'bout 3 years ago. I upgraded after crashing 2 computers in 6 months (not connected to web). It wasn't worth the hassel. Omega works pretty good and runs more like Illustrator.

S

sioux signs

Thanks for replies
It feels as if I'm working with the Alpha (GA 6.0) program, and will try running it in XP with Pro-Motion suggestions. BTW, very nice shots of racing and stuff on sites. Anyone interested in snow machine radar runs pics - lots of snow here right now? How about runs on snowmachines across open water - in the midst of ice.
This GA racket is a hassle (agree with Biggunn), and have made a call to a supplier for a price to upgrade to Omega. Anyone have prices or sources for Omega deals? I still have to get ahead a bit more before that happens.

signage

Right now Gerber is still offering a design station with upgrade, I don't remember what it is called.