• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Running JV3 in three head configuration - Anyone know how?

speedmedia

Hello,
I have seen a few times that people are running their JV3's in a three head configuration when the 4th head goes bad. I have a partially clogged 4th head and would like to send it out to see if they can unclog it but I would like to continue to print in the meantime.

Anyone know how to do this or how it works?

Thanks,
Kurt

thewood

I'm not sure how that would work on an SP.

On the S models which only have 3 heads, you can print in 4-color mode using only 2 heads by simply choosing a 4-color print mode which doesn't use the thirds LmLc head.

artbot

for the sp models:

if running CMYLlmlcss just choose CMYK in the rip. the printer will disregard the other two heads.

if in double CMYK the you need to rearrange to six color inkset and choose the CMYK as the rip option.

Wintersun

for the sp models:

if running CMYLlmlcss just choose CMYK in the rip. the printer will disregard the other two heads.

if in double CMYK the you need to rearrange to six color inkset and choose the CMYK as the rip option.

I have this problem, and i changed the setup to CMYK LM LC but it wont work without chips for LM LC
therefore i take it i need chips for those carts ?