• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Running two Edges from one computer

Jase

As the title says. Can I run two Edges from one copy of Omega 3.0? Currently running an LE via a USB lead, I'm assuming I just plug the extra USB lead in and load our Edge 2 into Composer etc?

Haven't got the lead yet which is why I'm asking? Not to keen on shelling out another £750 for another copy of Omega to run on a different PC if this will work.

Thanks

Jason

Tony Teveris

I think that the only issue is if you unplug and plugin the cable in different USB ports the system gets messed up. If you leave everything in its initial setup it should work fine.

I've asked TechSupport and if they state anything different I will repost.

MikeD

Yes, multiple printers and plotters can be run from one copy.
Just install them as
Plotter 1
plotter 2
etc...
Edge 1
Edge 2
etc...

Jase

Thanks both, just ordered a new parrallel to USB lead from Spandex. Also bought a USB extension lead to make sure it will reach. Any known issues regarding using usb extension cables with the Edge?

Thanks

Tony Teveris

For extension cables you might be better off with a powered hub. I'm not sure what the official USB cable length is and if the signals are weak you will have nothing but headaches.

Jase

Thanks Tony, just erected a desk next to the original Edge, best not have any/too many problems :)

Malkin

We run an Edge LE from Omega 4.0 on Win7. I had to also use a 6ft USB extention cable inline with the USB to Parallel cable from Gerber.

The only issue that I have run into is an inability to send jobs that use 6 or more foils. I don't know which cable might be the culprit on that one. And it might have been more of a total memory issue and not just a set limit on foils.