• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Running VersaWorks from 2 Computers

signnation

I have a general question about versaworks solftware. We currently have 1 workstation that has all our files and is running our sp-540v.

The main question is can 2 different workstations run versaworks and operate our 540v? If so what is the best setup for this. Do you network the 2 systems together and store all your files on a external drive or server so both computers can access them?

What setup do you use to store your files (at some point my hard drive will be full). Do you access them externally? If so how do you keep them backed up?

LittleSnakey

We have 2 computers, side by side. Both can run Versaworks at the same time. All design files are kept on one computer and backed up daily with an external hard drive. Computers are networked with a 4 port router. All computers can access the design files and printer.

PS install versaworks desktop driver and you can print from any windows application, you will see versaworks as an additional printer.

signnation

PS install versaworks desktop driver and you can print from any windows application, you will see versaworks as an additional printer.

Thanks for the info, what do you mean by the versaworks desktop driver and you can print from any windows application? We use ai to design and we use versaworks to run the printer.

sarge

wouldnt it be easier to share the printer through the network .. your printer drivers have to be installed on all computers that are shared .. it is how the computer sees the printer

LittleSnakey

Printing from Applications

Follow the procedure below to print directly from any application software. The procedures are the same whether the client and the RIP server are on the same single computer or on separate computers. Although the printing procedure may change depending on the application software used, the examples here describe the basic procedures to print from Windows (Windows XP or Windows Vista) or Macintosh (Mac OS X).

Check the following before operating the printer:
  • The printer is properly connected to the computer and they are turned on.
  • The printer is ready to print.

Windows XP/Vista
Mac OS X

Windows XP/Vista

1. Start the application, and then create a new file or open the file to be printed.
  2. Click [File] - [Print].
    The [Print] window appears.
  3. Select [RolandVW (nickname of the printer you want to use)] as a printer, and then click [Properties].
    The [Print Quality] window appears.
  4. Click [Advanced].
    The [Roland VersaWorks Advanced Options] window appears.
  5. Select the paper size.
  6. If necessary, select how you want to process the jobs that are added in the RIP server in the [Printer Features].
    way.gif
    To configure the job processing method
  7. Click [OK].
  8. In the [Print Quality] window, click [OK].
  9. Click [Print].
    The print data is sent to the RIP server.
If RolandVW is not listed in you printers than you may have to re-install Versaworks and make sure that you choose to install the desktop driver.

Thanks for the info, what do you mean by the versaworks desktop driver and you can print from any windows application? We use ai to design and we use versaworks to run the printer.

Replicator

I have my VP-540 shared through a network and have VersaWorks on 2 different computers.

Files can be moved from one computer to the other through the network as well.