Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Runtime Error! production manager won't open

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by Mark L, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Mark L

Mark L Member

Help!!!
    I was printing a job to my printer and haft way through it stopped and production manager was frozen. so I tried to re open it Now I get
    Runtime Error!
    abnormal program termination.
    I've tried rebooting, restoring, and customer service but it is saturday so (well you know)
    Has anyone have this problem before? I think I'm at the point to reinstall the program, but I'm open to suggestions.
    Since I have upgraded to 7.6 via the internet, I'm now sure if I have the disc for that.
    Thanks in advance.
    of course I have a job to have done by 7:30 monday morning, this kind of stuff never happens when I'm slow.

Tags:
  2. gerald

gerald Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Did you re-boot the printer and delete the print file from the printer?

3. gerald

gerald Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Also, do you go thru a print or rip server or do you send directly from your machine to the printer.

4. Mark L

Mark L Member

Yes I rebooted the printer and did a data clear on the printer
    I send directly to the printer.

5. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Production Manager Lock-Up

The solution is to close FlexiSIGN as well as all other programs except Windows itself. Next, click Start > Programs > FlexiSIGN...> Clear Preferences (or Preferences Manager in Flexi 8). Click OK to confirm the operation.

Next, launch Production Manager, either from the desktop icon or in the manner described above (substitute PM for Clear Preferences). You will need to re-define your plotters and/ or printers here. Then you should be good to go.

Bob

6. Mark L

Mark L Member

THanks Bob,
    I am trying that now, my only question now is what is the firewire code?

7. Mark L

Mark L Member

Thanks guys,
    I had to have my printer on to show the eee firewire port
    I am now printing again
    Thanks