• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Runtime Error

tiffanykrt

I am running Flexi 8.5v2. I'm having trouble with a logo I have imported. It's a highly complex logo with many many many layers. It's ridiculous. Flexi does not like this logo. I've imported it and saved it in my file, but now when I try to manipulate the file and save it, I get a runtime error and Flexi closes out. It won't even let me delete the logo and save. Anyone know what's going on?

Error reads "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information."

I haven't tried calling Flexi support yet - do they charge you for support?

lexsigns

What type of file is it? I use Signlab but have had that happen with ai or eps file. I usually open in ai - edit what I can and resave it- sometimes as a pdf. Then try importing it.
Good luck- hope that helps :)

CS-SignSupply

I would first recommend you contact the dealer you purchased the Flexi 8 from to see if they can help.

If they do not offer the help you need, you can email SAi Support at esupport@saintl.biz. Getting them on the phone is not an easy task.

Is it possible for the logo to be simplified in the original software used to design it? How large is the file size? What are your computer specs?

Send me a link to download the file and I will see if I can help a little.

tiffanykrt

It's an EPS file I'm importing. I have the sign already designed in Flexi and it let me save it once, but now it won't let me make any changes and save again. I'm going to try exporting the entire file as an EPS and make my edits in Illustrator and see if I can import it back into Flexi. I did edit the logo to simplify it, so if I could just delete the original logo from the Flexi file and import the simplified version, that might fix it. But it won't let me delete it and save. Everytime I hit save the Runtime error pops up.

tiffanykrt

I think I got it to work. I did the export to Ai, deleted the logo and imported it back into Flexi and I haven't gotten another Runtime error. I even imported the simplified logo and still haven't gotten an error. I think Flexi just really didn't like the original logo. Thanks so much for your guys' help!

CS-SignSupply

Good to hear you are running error free now. Keep us (Signs101) posted and keep me and my team at CiberSupply in mind if you need help in the future.