• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rush Charges ?????

Replicator

What percentage do you typically charge for RUSH CHARGES ?????

15% 20% 25%

Curious what others charge for rush orders . . .

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Depends on my or Jeremy's mood. Sometimes nothing and other times I will double it.

I would think the norm would be around 25% to 50%.

BobCap

Rush

Depends on the customer and how much work I have in front of it...

The bigger question is can we do it in a rush and can I slide it in the middle of something else...

ThinkRight

What percentage do you typically charge for RUSH CHARGES ?????

15% 20% 25%

Curious what others charge for rush orders . . .

For a normal customer maybe just 1.5 times shop rate.
For PITA customer ,2X or maybe 2.5 X
Depends on customer and not the job.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Whenever Rush comes in I always charge him double - that guy doesn't know when to quit talking.

Craig Sjoquist

Good question, .. I'm re-structuring my prices and types of jobs I'll go after.

I lost a good customer because the time frame when I finished was unacceptable ( my time frame is 7 - 10 days ) finished within 7 when job sold I said 7 days, they wanted 3, which was possible but un-willing to pay 25% more so all I said is I'll do my best or try, they took as I will, of course.

Because of this changes are in order for me.

I do most everything by hand, sell, make, collect, so 7 days is fine with me because as soon as I commit to a job 10 people want me to do there's, the reason 7 days.

So what is a acceptable % charge for rushing a order. ? what has worked ?
Most of ya all can do a job in by 9 out by 5 on alot .

gipllc

I should start by saying that our product offering is small signage, digital printing, custom apparel (screen print and embroidery) and vehicle graphics (not full wraps, yet) - so rush fees will likely not be the same for other services but here's what we do.

Our schedule is 7-10 days standard, we will push to 5 days if needed at no charge. We consider anything within 5 days to be rush. Up charge is 25% for 3 days, 50% for 2 days and 100% for next day. Some customers are willing to pay with no questions, others are willing to wait instead of paying. Anytime we produce items for clients quickly without an up charge they tend to expect it on every order so I try not to get in the habit of making exceptions, though for really good clients we will wave or reduce the up charge but inform them it is a one-time certicy.

Mosh

Depends on how cute they are. I just lettered a Semi trailer today on a rush and got "something" from their secratary that I would call a "Bonus"....

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I don't charge RUSH charges anymore, I can either do it or I can't.

I don't work late or weekends anymore....

sfr table hockey

Depends on how cute they are. I just lettered a Semi trailer today on a rush and got "something" from their secratary that I would call a "Bonus"....

Just trying to think of what that would be in Nebraska...Hmmm...

And whats a rush job, everyone here wants their stuff the next day.

SignosaurusRex

Oh Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Did you do the rush job wearing an "Anti-baby-mama raincoat"?

signage

Mosh do you have this sign in your shop:help:Big Laugh

Attachments

• bj.gif
    bj.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 58

WildWestDesigns

We consider anything within 5 days to be rush. Up charge is 25% for 3 days, 50% for 2 days and 100% for next day.

For retail clients that's pretty much what we do as well as long as it's standard LC embroidery, even then within a certain stitch count. If it's specialty embroidery or just stitch heavy, that can alter what is available for a rush.

Now for digitizing customers, I always try to be within 24 hrs, sometimes within 3-4 hrs (digitizing plus stitch out on some patterns) especially for the other shops. Retail clients, I still try to be within 24 hrs, but the ones for the trade get priority, but no real rush fee associated with digitizing.

visual800

I have learned when someone waits to the last second to get junk done, all they are doing is finding another idiot to dump this responsibility on so the monkey will get off their back!....yep, blame the signguy if it aint done

I dont rush stuff anymore UNLESS I got the stuff in stock and I can do it and it doesnt put me out. Of all the times things get screwed up its when you rush stuff!!! I do not promise anything anymore and I despise deadlines

When I get a call now and I can hear the desperation and begging in the other fellows voice on the phone i get rid of his a$$ cause I can tell he is going to drag me into his world of hell