• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rusting on stainless

Skeet

We installed 2mil vinyl back in 08 on both sides of these stainless steel trailers with 3 different colours now they are removing the lettering and just where the letters were in one of the colours (Vivid Blue) is staining or rusting the tank. The tank is used to carry Alcohol and is washed all the time. Does anyone now what it might be or anyway to get the marks off.

Also they run from Michigan to Ontario, Canada.

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 117

Maxphobia

if its rust a light wet sanding would do the job with a very fine sand paper or even a polishing cream.

artbot

don't know about the clr... my girlfriend had been going crazy with the clr. even cleaning the SS sink (we live in the country and there's a lot of iron in the water). well, our SS sink started to corrode and even seem to rust. i can only figure the exposure to the clr was the culprit. maybe it's because she was spraying and leaving it? who knows? i have know idea how this house gets cleaned or how the clean sock fairy goes about her day.

Speedsterbeast

Stainless is tricky. If you introduce dissimilar metals to the surface, like aluminum oxide sandpaper, it can rust much worse. Polishing compounds would be my first try.
Bill accordingly