• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RV Decal swish problem

decalman

These are the old decals I've made new ones all in pieces
I've got these swishes . The customer is scraped off the old ones
. I didn't make the wave yet. 2 of the decal tips overlap that wave thing, leaving a little space with a clean impression of the decal.
If I Only had go through with one decal this wouldn't be that hard.. but I can't figure out how to cut that new wave and have both of those swish tips lined up perfect harmony..
Knifeless tape won't work here but I need to do something like that I think.

I'd sure appreciate some solution for this thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230416-190308.png
    Screenshot_20230416-190308.png
    932 KB · Views: 161

weyandsign

Put the wave on first. Trim the backing paper on the swish at the part that overlays the wave. Put half the swish on, let the other half lay on top of the wave. Hand cut the wave with an xacto. Then stick the other half of the swish on.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Exactly what weyandsign said. This is the case where you need to hand trim to create perfection.

decalman

Put the wave on first. Trim the backing paper on the swish at the part that overlays the wave. Put half the swish on, let the other half lay on top of the wave. Hand cut the wave with an xacto. Then stick the other half of the swish on.
That's a good idea and that would work but I'm going to cut it on a plotter I've got a great idea. I should be done in a few days I'll post pictures I'm confident it'll work out great..

jfiscus

Rap Master
Last time I had to do what I think you are doing, I used knifeless tape and kept it about 1/4" outside of the old graphics, then put the sheets on and pulled the tape.