Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RV Graphics question

Discussion in 'Vehicle Graphics' started by ams, Sep 24, 2018.

1. ams

ams Very Active Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Virginia
    Does anyone know if RV's are painted or have vinyl graphics from the factory? It has Clear Diamond Shield on it.

Tags:
  2. equippaint

equippaint Very Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    Depends on the rv, some are full paint and others decals. Typically full body paint are higher priced class a and fifth wheels

3. Asuma01

Asuma01 Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Bend, OR
    I find that its a mix of both full paint and vinyl decals.

4. decalman

decalman Active Member

Sep 2, 2012
    phoenix
    Most RVs are just unpainted white gelcoat. The newer ones, have paint on the fiberglass, and usually the graphics are paint also. ( more expensive models)

RVs that have painted fiberglass, AND DECAL GRAPHICS on top of the paint, are a real hassle, because removing the decals, takes more care, because the paint can easily come off too.

5. ams

ams Very Active Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Virginia
    The customer wants me to wrap over the graphics and diamond shield (which is peeling). I told him that I don't know if adhesive will stick well to diamond shield and also it won't look new, since it is wrapping over peeling.

6. KMC

KMC Graphic Artist

Feb 12, 2018
    Alberta
    it can be done BUT i would not warrant it #AtCustomersOwnRisk the fail rate on it is massive

most RV graphics are only warranted for 1 year and they are a very crappy quality, ive replaced so many i would be happy to never see another redecal job on a trailer again come across my desk but i would never turn it down #EasyMoney

7. JTBoh

JTBoh I sell signage and signage accessories.

Jun 15, 2011
    Clermont, FL
    RVs are a pain in the a$$... customer will nitpick everything.
    When wrapping over, explain that the vinyl will still show any texture underneath. even do a demo so they comprehend.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. decalman

decalman Active Member

Sep 2, 2012
    phoenix
    I do lots of RVs out west here .
    Customers hardly ever nitpick.
    They're just happy as he11 to find someone to do their decal maintenance .