Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S Class - how many pinch rollers do you need?

Discussion in 'Summa' started by iPrintStuff, Jun 10, 2020.

1. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Our Summa S2 T160 has had a few problems as of late, as we’ve been running a LOT of floor vinyl recently, I’ve found that sometimes (even calibrated) it has a bit trouble with keeping the media flat enough to read the barcode properly and then fails.

The media is 54”, I have 4 pinch rollers. I’ve found that if I move three to the right hand side (over the barcode) and one on the far left, it has no trouble reading the barcode, but doesn’t seem to track as well as if I’d had the pinch rollers evenly spaced.

Im thinking about adding extra pinch rollers due to this, how many do you guys suggest? I’m thinking at least another 2 so I can keep everything in symmetry.

has anyone had any problems like this and sorted it with the extra pinch rollers? As I mentioned we have been having a lot of trouble lately but can’t get a tech out due to the Covid situation so not sure how much a dodgy main board plays a part here lol

Tags:
  2. ProColorGraphics

ProColorGraphics Very Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    I added (2) to mine and HIGHLY recommend it! I have the first series S class. They were very easy to install.

• Like Like x 2
  3. White Haus

White Haus Formally known as RJPW..........

Apr 6, 2018
    Winnipeg
    Good to know!

4. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    We had a machine with 4 and with our new machine, we ordered a total of 6... The extra rollers help tremendously.

• Like Like x 2
  5. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Do they just help with the tracking or can you up the speed a bit and still keep everything running smoothly with the extra rollers?

6. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    For us it helps with accuracy and speed, plus with the media takeup it rolls up straighter and more consistently.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Saturn

Saturn Member

Aug 14, 2018
    Oregon
    They're pricey, but definitely money well spent.