• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

S2T and Flexi

TomK

Hey All,

I'm having a very odd and frustrating issue and looking to see if anyone has any ideas or feedback. I'm working with Flexi and Summa on the problem as well, but no real answers yet.

I create small stickers as part of our offering, I use Flexi 12 to do our designs and print/cut. A design is a 7"W x 10"H layout, inside of that layout are small stickers, ranging from .25" wide to 4" or 5" wide.

I print these on our HP Latex printers, and cut them on our Graphtec FC8600 and Summa S2T cutters, using Oracal 3628 30" material (they are indoor stickers, sold as repositionable).

On the Summa, If I do more than 1 row of 7x10, my cuts start to go off, the more rows, the further off the cuts are. I've tried all reg settings, same results, by default I use OPOS XY, per Summa's recommendation.

On the Graphtec, I put a set of 4 reg marks around each 7x10 sheet, and the cuts work just fine, if I do 1 row, or 5 rows.

For reference, a row is 3 of the 7x10 sheets lined up left to right.

Now, here is the interesting part...last night, I printed a number of rows on Briteline 5651 and 3201, and cut them on the Summa S2T without any tracking problems. Same design, using the profile for the Briteline material.

The Briteline is a thicker vinyl, 3.4 vs 3.0, and has a heavier backing than the Oracal 3628, but I'm not sure why this would make a difference on the Summa.

Any ideas or suggestions or other things to try?

Thanks!